The Assistance Coordination Unit (ACU) is a national Syrian non-government, non-political, non-profit institution focused on maximizing the impact of assistance delivered to the Syrian people by coordinating the efforts of donors, implementing agencies, and community representatives.
What we do:
- Information Management: ACU produces needs assessments, surveillance, flash reports, situational analysis, control mapping.
- Advocacy: ACU draws donors’ and implementers’ attention to humanitarian and development needs, influencing priorities and planning.
- Project Coordination: ACU acts as an intermediary between donors, implementers, government institutions and community organizations.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: ACU assesses the performance of humanitarian, stabilisation and development projects.
- Capacity Building: ACU strengthens the capabilities of partners in specialised, technical, managerial and financial skills.
We work for a decent life for all Syrians by managing and coordinating information and support.
To be the leading institution for planning and supporting decision-making for humanitarian assistance and sustainable development of Syria.
- Mapping the humanitarian needs and ensuring stability in Syria.
- Coordination with all humanitarian and stabilization actors in orderto achieve the response plan with better impact.
- Mobilization and the advocacy of humanitarian issues at the local,regional and international level.
- Increasing resilience and supporting sustainable development.
- Promote reliance on local resources, provide support in emergency situations and boost the early recovery of communities.
- Transparency: Fair and open in our procedures.
- Independence: Professionalism away from the personal attitudes and political affiliations.
- Humanitarianism: Keening to the good of the humankind.
- Professionalism: Experience, objectiveness, jurisdiction and technical efficiency.
- Accountability: Enabling the beneficiaries to specify their rights and duties in managing their resources, in addition to enhance their ability to take the responsibility of the performance.
- Impartiality: Helping people regardless of gender, religion, race or political beliefs.
- Partnership: A clear participatory and integrative role to maximize impact of support, with Syrian institutions, community representatives, donors (NGOs).